OENO One is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes original research, reviews, mini-reviews, short communications, perspectives and spotlights in the areas of viticulture, grapevine physiology, genomics and genetics, oenology, winemaking technology and processes, wine chemistry and quality, analytical chemistry, microbiology, sensory and consumer sciences, safety and health. OENO One is the result of collaboration between major universities and research institutes in the field of vine and wine sciences.
Our philosophy is Open Access because we believe that scientific publications should be made freely available to the international academic and private research communities. OENO One is supported by major players of the wine industry and charges only minimal fees to authors for publication.
The journal covers the following specific areas:
- Vine ecophysiology and climate change impact
- Genetic resources and vine selection
- Vine protection, sustainability and modelling
- Management and innovation of viticultural techniques
- Plant physiology and genomics
- Table grapes, dried grapes, and unfermented grape products
- Technology, processes, oenological products, winemaking
- Microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry, and genomics of yeasts and bacteria
- Chemistry of macromolecules and volatile compounds (polyphenols, aromas, polysaccharides, nitrogen compounds, etc.)
- Analytical methods for grape and wine control
- Wine ageing, stabilisation and storage
- Additives and processing aids
- Sensory analyses, consumer interface
- Distilled beverages from grapes and wines
- Food safety, consumption, nutrition and health
- Vine, grape and wine innovations
The journal focuses on hypothesis-driven research studies suitable for an international audience. Emphasis is put on interdisciplinary studies at the environmental level for vine. Studies using wine consumption interfaces are also considered. Manuscripts are evaluated by qualified reviewers selected by the editors-in-chief and associate editors.