OENO one is a vine and wine open access journal that publishes original research, reviews, mini-reviews, short communications, perspectives and spotlights in the areas of viticulture, grapevine physiology, genomics and genetics, oenology, winemaking technology and processes, wine chemistry and quality, analytical chemistry, microbiology, sensory and consumer sciences, safety and health.
OENO One is a journal dedicated to publishing high-quality papers that describe the most significant and cutting-edge research in all areas of viticulture and enology. The journal covers the following specific areas:
- Vine ecophysiology and climate change impact
- Genetic resources and vine selection
- Vine protection, sustainability and modelling
- Management and innovation of viticultural techniques
- Plant physiology and genomics
- Table grapes, dried grapes, and unfermented grape products
- Technology, processes, oenological products, winemaking
- Microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry, and genomics of yeasts and bacteria
- Chemistry of macromolecules and volatile compounds (polyphenols, aromas, polysaccharides, nitrogen compounds, etc.)
- Analytical methods for grape and wine control
- Wine ageing, stabilisation and storage
- Additives and processing aids
- Sensory analyses, consumer interface
- Distilled beverages from grapes and wines
- Food safety, consumption, nutrition and health
- Vine, grape and wine innovations
OENO one is a peer-reviewed journal. Each manuscript is reviewed by at least two referees. To facilitate timely publication, referees are asked to complete their reviews within one month.
A rigorous review process ensures that authors meet the highest standards of experimental design, data analysis and reporting and establishes that articles published in OENO One are reliable. For agronomy papers, experiments/ observations should cover at least 2 years. Under particular circumstances (no possible replication, clear-cut data and cautious conclusions), some manuscripts may be accepted with only one-year observations.
OENO One publishes seven types of articles: original papers, research notes, reviews, mini-reviews, short communications, opinions and letters.
OENO One have no submission charges.
The costs of producing and maintaining OENO One are recovered by charging a publication fee to authors for each article. The current publication fee is free for review, 500 euros, for an original research or a mini review and 250 euros, for other types of communication.
Publication fees are free if the authors are members of OENO One. Authors who lack the funds to cover publication fees may request a waiver. Fee waivers are not automatically given but must be approved on a case-by-case basis by OENO One.
OENO one applies the CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION (CC BY) licence to works of all types.
You can submit your manuscript using the button submit your research after reviewing our Author guidelines.
We are committed to providing authors with a rapid and constructive review process, with a goal of giving the first decisions within cinq weeks.
Articles published will be available in formats: HTML, PDF.