OENO One is the open access research journal published by IVES. It has been replacing the “Journal International de la Vigne et du Vin” in 2016, after almost 50 years of existence. Please refer to About IVES & OENO One to get more information on the OENO One journal and IVES.
OENO One is a journal dedicated to publishing high-quality papers that describe the most significant and cutting-edge research in all areas of viticulture and enology. The journal covers the following specific areas:
- Vine ecophysiology and climate change impacts in viticulture and enology
- Genetic resources and vine selection
- Vine and berry physiology and vine health and protection
- Environmental sustainability of vineyards
- Management and innovation of viticultural techniques
- Smart technologies and innovations applied to viticulture and enology
- Table grapes, dried grapes, and unfermented grape products
- Grape and wine chemistry
- Microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry, and genomics of yeasts and bacteria
- Winemaking: technology, process engineering, stabilisation and ageing
- Additive, processing aids and alternatives for grape, must, wine and derivates
- Analytical methods for grape and wine control
- Sensory analyses, consumer interface
- Distilled beverages from grapes and wines
- Food safety, consumption, nutrition and health in relation to vines, grapes, wine and derivates
- Cost related aspects of viticultural management practices and enological process
For detailed information regarding the topics covered by OENO One, please go to the “Aims & Scope” section.
OENO one is a peer-reviewed journal. Each manuscript is reviewed by at least two referees. To facilitate timely publication, referees are asked to complete their reviews within three weeks.
A rigorous review process ensures that authors meet the highest standards of experimental design, data analysis and reporting and establishes that articles published in OENO One are reliable. For agronomy papers, experiments/observations should cover at least 2 years. Under particular circumstances (no possible replication, clear-cut data and cautious conclusions), some manuscripts may be accepted with only one-year observations.
OENO One publishes seven types of articles: original papers, research notes, reviews, mini-reviews, short communications, opinions and letters.
OENO One has no submission charges.
OENO one does not charge any publication fees.
OENO one applies the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0) licence to works of all types.
You can submit your manuscript by clicking on "Submit Research". To see detailed information on how to submit an article to the OENO One journal, please refer to the Guidelines for authors.
We are committed to providing authors with a rapid and constructive review process, with a goal of giving the first decisions within five weeks.
Articles published are available in HTML, XML and PDF.
All articles accepted will undergo copyediting in order to guarantee IVES’ quality standards. Fees due to the English correction exceeding 200 Euros will be charged to the authors.
Only British English (UK) is accepted in the OENO One journal.